4 x 20ft DNV Containers Case Study
We were recently asked by a supplier of specialist equipment to the oil and gas industry, to supply 4 x 20ft DNV Offshore Containers. These containers needed to be complete with shelving, electrics and decaled unit/fleet numbers. The full specification can be found below.
- 6050mm x 2438mm x 2506mm Containers.
- Gross weight 11,500Kg, Tare (approx 4000 kg), SWL (approx 7500kg).
- Containers designed, manufactured, tested & certified to DNV2.7-1 off-shore standard / EN12079.
- Certified and supplied with full certificates.
- Supplied fully slung, tested & certified for off-shore use. Units supplied with full ‘as built’ document package.
- 3 tier shelving bolted along left and right hand side walls, and painted to same spec as container.
- Shelving to be manufactured from 3mm mild steel plate folded front & back with a 50mm lip, the support legs / bracers are 50 x 50 x 4mm box section, all joints fillet welded then cleaned.
- Containers painted to RAL5010. Units complete with fork pockets.
- Unit to have brackets for electrics & shoe box entry.
- Zone II electrics to be supplied & fitted:
- 1 x external connection (plug and pay sty - 110V.
- 2 o. 4ft twin fluorescent light fittings.
- 1 no. 8 watt Eexd emergency light fittings with battery backup.
- 1 no. double pole light switches.
- 1 no. EX heater.
- Hook up junction box, all cables and glands to suit.
- Full EX protection type and EX certificates required will be supplied.
- Numbers to be decalled on roof (300mm) and on sides.
If you would like to discuss your bespoke DNV Offshore container build, please contact us on 0333 600 6260 or complete our Quick Quote form.